Thursday, August 21, 2008

Two more days left of Summer...

Where has the time gone? Summer is almost over, and soon ALL my kids will be in school. That is such a strange thing to say! I have mixed feelings about it all. I'm so excited for them, especially Will and Kate! But at the same time, so sad that they are growing up and moving on to the next bench mark of their lives. Tonight is our meet the teacher night and the kids have been counting down since they woke up at 7 AM. (I got the kids alarm clocks and we started on Tues. waking up at 7 so next week isn't a complete shock, mostly for me!) We have spent the day doing things I have put off all Summer. I know many of you Mom's can relate. We have these grand plans to create, make, take, etc...and some how, we run out of time and have regrets. Well, I didn't want to have that and decided to make today and tomorrow those days to make sure I didn't have that regret. So, we started the morning off with breakfast and waited for the library to open at 9 AM. (We had books that were almost over due and Mommy needed books on dieting. Momma needs to lose this Summer weight that came from nowhere! ha,ha!) Then we came home and made playdoh. Nic chose to make blue, Will green and Kate a reddish pink, because Mommy added too much red to make it a light pink. This project took a lot of time and the kids and I had a blast. They played with their new playdoh for an hour. Then it was lunch time and then we played games, of course they each chose a game, Life for Nic (which took an hour and we played until the end of the game this time! Not an easy task...), then Kate chose Pretty Pretty Princess (yes, a princess game where you try to get all the correct accessories to make you into the "Pretty Princess", and Will chose Connect Four). I have now stuck them in front of the tv for the next 45 min. until we leave for Meet the Teacher so they won't bug the crap out me until we leave! And so I can actually do the things I need to do. We're keeping our fingers crossed for great teachers, which of course Kate and Will want Nic's kindergarten teacher, but we'll see where fate takes us. Oh, and this year will be a huge adjustment for Will and Kate. They will actually be in separate classes this year! They will have their own teacher, own friends, something that is actually their own.

Wish us luck tonight. Oh, and afterwards we get to go out for pizza! Mommy's night off from cooking and her diet! Sweet!

1 comment:

Emily said...

hope next week is awesome! :) And that the teacher situation is perfect. That's my big concern for this year. His teacher last year was just amazing, so we'll see..... and I wonder about the "regret" thing too and I wonder what I want to do now that I will miss when school starts. And then I remember that he has a huge "track break" coming in a couple months, and we'll have plenty of time together again! Kind of strange but good. We have mixed feeling about it all too, but I'm trying to focus on the positive. And we decided to try out the bus, esp. since it's only a less-than 10 minute ride. Not too much can happen in 10 minutes, right?! Your little experience totally realizes all my fears, but I have to just try it and see how it goes. We can always change plans...... I've gone back and forth a million times.... ugh... Anyway, big hugs! Emily