Saturday, August 16, 2008

This Week...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been busy these past two weeks. Nic finished tennis camp and loved it! Yea! He'd like to take lessons this Fall. Then this past weekend we had sort of a lazy one. Friday night we went to a friends' house for pizza and play. We stayed until 11 and the kids slept in until after 10 on Sat. morning and acted quite hung over from all the fun they had the night before. Kate would say she was just so tired, but wasn't about to take a nap. So, we spent the day lounging on the sofa with our blankets and snuggled watching movies and the Olympics. That evening we went bowling and had a blast. Kate kicked our booties! And she was the slowest bowler in town. After bowling, we went to the arcade and played video games that earned tickets and decided to pool all our tickets together and divided them into 3. The kids had more fun deciding how to spend their tickets on the tacky, plastic junk they were offering. Sunday, we did a little cleaning and then not much of anything but an occasional game or two then met some friends that are expecting twins (which will be their first kiddos) at a fun restaurant that has a great outside eating area with a washers pit, live music and playscape with dump trucks, etc. We had an awesome time and stayed out late again because the kids were having so much fun and so were we! This week we went to see my sister on Wed. and the kids had a great time playing with their cousins and then we headed to my Dad's on Thursday to spend the day swimming and eating. Friday we met up with some new friends at one of those inflatable jumpy places in Austin. Kate loved the fact that there were 2 new girls for her to play with. For those of you with kids and that go to these kind of places, is it just my kids that tend to be hungry the WHOLE time they are there? My gosh, the whole time it was "I'm thirsty" or "I'm hungry". To the point that my friend I camped at the picnic tables they provided with all our water and snacks out and they would play and graze. Sat. we finally got to visit my friend Kara and her family in San Antonio. Her son, Hayden, is Will's best friend, so needless to say, until the moment we got into the car, it was, "when are we leaving for Hayden's". Sunday, we all slept in again since we got back late from Kara's and decided to let someone else cook our LATE breakfast at our fav. Mexican place. After running a few errands, we surprised the kids with "Star Wars: Clone Wars". It was the longest hour and 45 min. My only blessing was the movie theater size box of Junior Mints...

Now we're on the last week of Summer and trying to make the most of it with a visit to Waco to see family, PTA meetings (those of you with kids' in school, I'm sure you're busy with this as well), Meet the Teacher night on Thurs., swimming at the pool, etc.

2 comments:

Alli said...

I am tired just from reading all of your events! :) After reading this, I will arm my self with goodies when we take the kids to see the Star Wars movie. Ah, what we do for our kids!

Emily said...

um, I was totally exhausted when I read this a few days ago--wow!! ACTIVITY! Your kids have it so good! :) I've been such a lazy butt lately, I bore myself! lol