Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Week of School...

I am so bummed I don't have a picture of the kids from the first day of school. I promise to post it once my computer is fixed. It has a lovely virus and the hard drive has to be erased! So, I'm using the kids' computer and can't upload my pics from my camera...

The kids are having an awesome first week of school. The first day went really well, minus the fact that the principal decided to enforce that the parents needed to have their drivers' license with them to enter the building and would be given back at our exit of the school. This would've been nice to know at Open House the week before so that most of us could be ready for this new change! After getting the kids to the door to discover this and then going back again once I went to the car with three anxious children and bags of supplies, needless to say, I was doing this alone. The kids finally made it into their school. We went to take Will to his class first because he had gotten Nic's kinder teacher and Nic was dying to see her and show her how much he had grown. Will is so excited to have Ms. Krcha and has drawn numerous pictures for her. Next we were off to Kate's class. She received Ms. McClain, who also has twins. She's a great teacher and I think she'll be a great fit for Kate, especially since we can already tell that she'll have issues since a good friend of hers is in the same class and they are very silly together. Her teacher has already informed me that Kate is doing really well with it and has had to remove herself (on her own) to keep from getting in trouble. I'm so proud. She's come such a long way! After dropping off Kate, we got to go to the first grade hallway, which was much more quiet than the Kindergarten hallway, quite a shocker I know! Nic got right to his classroom and knew exactly what to do and has a friend from his class with him and has already made some friends. I like his teacher Ms. Kreller, she's so similar to his kinder teacher and will really help him! I'm so happy with their teachers and have already seen changes. They have changed their discipline and conduct. I have received many yes ma'ams and thank yous without any prompting. It's awesome and Nic actually looks me in the eyes! Big accomplishment!

This has also been a busy, long week for Mommy. Daddy has been gone since early Sunday morning. He's in DC for a work conference and won't be home until late Friday night. We've all been missing him, especially Mommy! I miss the adult interaction since all day I'm with kids at the preschool(I'm helping them with the first two weeks of school and getting paid!), then coming home to my kids too. Kids, kids, kids... We are soooo ready to have Daddy home. I know he's ready to come home too...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey, Meredith! Been meanig to comment forever. Hope you are adjusting to the new school year. are you still helping out at the preschool? And I hope Greg is home for a while! After this week, Erik will be home for much of the next month or so, so we're totally looking forward to that. It's hard to do it all alone, isn't it?! But you get used to it, in a weird way! Miss ya! Emily