Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness Part 2

Well, we finally found our person to pay back with our random act from last month.  Greg had purchased a new phone on Craigslist from a nice lady.  He gets it home to play with it, etc.  He notices that several buttons don't work on it.  So, he calls her up and she says she'll be happy to refund him.  When he meets up with her, she's in tears because the person she had bought it from will not return her phone calls, so she is left with a broken phone.  She bought it and had no idea how to use it, etc.  Now she's stuck with a useless phone.  And the worst part is that she can't afford to buy a new one since she had to return the money to Greg.  It really bothered him.

Greg had bought me a wonderful Sidekick for my birthday.  Yes, I fit in with the young teenagers that hang out at the mall.  I can now text as fast as they can!  Well, the more I use it, the more I miss my simple phone.  Greg and I decide to sell it and remembered that poor woman that was left with a broken phone and decide to call her and see if she's gotten a replacement.  To our luck, she hasn't.  So, we offered her my phone.  It works great, and it's free!  She was more than grateful for this.

I wonder how she'll pay it forward?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the feeling?

Makes you look for other chances to pay it forward.........