Sunday, November 30, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

Today my family and I , and the rest of the world, went shopping at Walmart.  We've been gone all week in Dallas and Ft. Worth for Thanksgiving seeing my family and in need of almost everything!  As we were shopping, Greg went to put some popcorn in our basket and I reminded him that our microwave was broken.  Yes, we are without a microwave!  How does any family deal with such a tragedy as no microwave? Anyways, as I was going to the next aisle, I saw that Greg was motioned by a woman.  I continued onto the aisle figuring that she may need some help getting something up high.  Greg comes back with this huge grin on his face.  I asked what was up and he said nothing I'll tell you later.  As we go down the aisle, he proceeds to tell me that the woman gave him money for a new microwave. He goes on to tell her he appreciates the thoughtfulness, but that we have home owners insurance and we'll be fine.  She says no that she has no one to buy for this Christmas and she would be so happy to know that someone is enjoying something from her.  I was almost in tears by this incredible gift.  Neither Greg nor I looked at the amount she gave us until later and when we did,we saw she gave us $100.   People can sometimes amaze me!  So, we're now on a mission to find someone to give this to and pay back the incredible gift that was given to us so maybe someone else can do the same.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Wow! That is amazing! I can't wait to hear how you pay it forward.