Sunday, March 8, 2009

Diets

Wow, I forgot I have a blog for while there and I guess life has gotten in the way as well.  

I have finally gotten on track and focusing on myself!  As Moms, women, etc, we tend to get wrapped up in our lives and our families and forget about ourselves.  Well, I have now begun to worry about myself.  3 weeks ago I got the jump start when a friend of mine decided to throw a get together over Easter weekend with all our high school friends we've reconnected with through Facebook.  I was so excited about this and at the same time horrified to have these people see me 20+ pounds heavier than I was at our 10 yr. reunion.  So now, I have my motivation!  I started the Atkins diet and working out Monday - Friday.  And this past week have started a boot camp with an instructor at our rec center that I have become friends with.  I've been proud of my progress and have really been good on my diet!  I've lost over 6 pounds and finally feeling it too!  And Greg has noticed too!  I'm really hoping I can lose the next 14 pounds by then, but I'm not holding my breath.  

2 comments:

Alli said...

You can do it...I'm proud of you!

Marcia said...

Way to go 6 lbs is great!!! Keep up the good work... I joined weight watchers again because I was so sick of the extra lbs!!